Request: Export/Import CSV in internal editor?

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
krundt

Request: Export/Import CSV in internal editor?

Post by krundt »

Let me describe my process so that you understand my request: in the internal editor in RAD Studio I at first exclude components. Then I export the data into a SIB format (as I cannot export into CSV). Then I open the SIB file in the EXTERNAL editor, which can save as CSV. Next I open the CSV file into my spreadsheet editor (mostly LibreOffice) and do all the translations there. (Here I can copy a whole column of strings and paste into a translating software.) Next, when done translating, I save the CSV file, open the external editor to import the file and save as SIB. Now I can go to the INTERNAL editor and import the SIB file. DONE! Now, this would go a lot smoother if the INTERNAL editor could export and import CSV files directly. It would be even more convenient of the editor could handle LibreOffice type of spreadsheet files so I would not even need the CSV.
isiticov
Site Admin

Re: Request: Export/Import CSV in internal editor?

Post by isiticov »

Hello,
Thank you for your request. We will see what could be done in this direction. Although you're the first one who ever requested this functionality. :oops:
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
krundt

Post by krundt »

Maybe I have found a strange way to create my translations. But it is a working way and rather fast also. It would be just a lot faster if the inbuilt editor could handle CSV files!
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

We will try to implement this in next update.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.