NeedAllDlgs changes from False to True

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Malcolm

NeedAllDlgs changes from False to True

Post by Malcolm »

V 5.3.2

I have 5 forms out of 40+ in a project where the .NeedAllDlgs property changes from False to True if I save and reopen the form in the IDE. All the other forms seem OK.

Is there some setting I have overlooked that would cause this?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I now have a sort of fix or work round.

If I make sure all the siDialogs use a single TsiLang (on my Data Module) instead of using the local one, the NeedAllDlgs property no longer changes on the local TsiLangs - only on the Data Module one. This is easier to manage but still seems to be 'wrong' to me. :?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

This is not a bug but a feature. When you assign TsiLang property for any dialog component this automatically sets NeedAllDialogs to True for that TsiLang, because then you will need to use all dialog captions. Otherwise you won't have translated "siDialogs".
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Well, it looks to me that because NeedAllDlgs is set, the captions for *all* siDialogs are included.

I don't use the Find, Print, PrinterSetup or Font dialogs but each time I save the project, those strings get added to my .sil or .sib files.

Is there another way to suppress the 'unwanted' dialogs?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

yes, if NeedAllDialogs set to True then TsiLang automatically adds additional dialogs captions. In order to remove them set this to False. But be sure no one "siDialog" is linked to the any TsiLang. But please note, there is no way to delete just particular dialog captions, I mean, all additional captions are added at once, if you use only Save and Open dialogs others will be added as well. You can leave them empty and they want be translated.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

OK, thanks for the clarification.