Crash after porting to RAD C++ 10.4

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
RMeneghini

Crash after porting to RAD C++ 10.4

Post by RMeneghini »

Hello,

I'm porting a large project from RAD C++ 10.3 to 10.4. The project compiles without problems as 32 bit. However, the application crashes when it tries to create a form that contains TMS AdvStringGrid and siLangLinked. If a new form is created with just the TMS AdvStringGrid, then it works fine. When the software crashes, it is due to an Access violation reading "Grid.Left". I tried clearing the translation of the BPL project (right click -> TsiLang Translation->Clear Selected Project) but TsiLang_XE104.bpl raises an Access violation. Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Roberto
isiticov
Site Admin

Re: Crash after porting to RAD C++ 10.4

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

One of the possible reason could be that there are left some references to the 10.3 run-time packages and when you run your project built with 10.4 it uses older BPLs or LIBs. Try to check that there are no any references to TsiLang_XE103r ANYWHERE in the project.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
RMeneghini

Post by RMeneghini »

Hello Igor,

Thank you for the prompt response.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find references to _XE103r in any module. All the BPLs include both TsiLang_XE104.bpi and TsiLang_XE104r.bpi
I also performed a search via File Explorer to see if any file has references to _XE103.

I'm still seeing the EReadError 'Error reading Grid.Left'

This is a new PC. I installed a fresh copy of RAD Studio C++ 10.4.2 and the latest TsiLang component. I still have the production PC with RAD Studio C++ 10.3 and TsiLang_XE103.

I'm trying to avoid recreating the projects.

Best regards,

Roberto
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

RMeneghini wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:46 pm If a new form is created with just the TMS AdvStringGrid, then it works fine. When the software crashes, it is due to an Access violation reading "Grid.Left"
What happens if you create a new form WITHOUT grid but with Tsilang[Linked] under 10.4? I believe no problem as well. Does this problem appear if you create a new form from scratch with grid and TsiLang? Or this happens ONLY on some particular DFM?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
RMeneghini

Post by RMeneghini »

Hello Igor,

I tried recreating the project (BPL) but it did not solve the problem. However, changing the name of the form that contains the TMS AdvStringGrid, solved the problem. Unfortunately, the translations are lost. Sounds like the information inside the DFM is not been updated.

Best regards,

Roberto