Error: Invalid data type for 'SortOrder'

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
dmitry

Error: Invalid data type for 'SortOrder'

Post by dmitry »

Hi,
I success installed sicomponents for D5. Everything was ok. After that i had to translate project developed with D4. After i installed it in the D4
I get an error: Invalid data type for 'SortOrder' in the D5 then run it.

I'm using sicomponents v5.2.2
I installed components from ..SiComponents\TsiLang\Units\Packages folder - TSiLang_D4.dpk, TSiLang_D5.dpk files

I'm not shure may be this can break too. I updated SILEditor 2.5.1.200 with 2.8.0503.

Thanks, for help ...
gaivans

Post by gaivans »

Hello,

Do you get the error
Invalid data type for 'SortOrder'
when you just run the application in Delphi 5 or when you open the Expert or Translation Editor?

I suppose the problem is might be caused by the fact your D5 and D4 versions of siLang are placed in one directory. Delphi 4 cannot explicitly rebuild a package so it is possible in your SiComponents\Units\ directory there are .dcu files build with different versions of Delphi. I would recommend you make two copies of \Units\ directory, for example, one \Units_4\ and other \Units_5\ . Clear all .dcu from these dirs and install TsiLang_D4.dpk and TsiLang_D5.dpk from different directories.
Best regards,
Serghei Gaivan
dmitry

Thanks for help. I hope that it was a real problem

Post by dmitry »

Thanks for help. I hope that it was a real problem