POP3 cannot retrieve mail

Old forum to discuss the RegKeeper- e-Sales Tracking Software. (Locked)
fuwafunghk

POP3 cannot retrieve mail

Post by fuwafunghk »

Hi,

Since my hosting company restricts us to use SSL to send & receive (SMTP & POP3) emails. These two ports settings also are different with 25 & 110, but this ok since Regkeeper can customize the ports. My only problem is SSL, it is different from "Use SMTP authentication". I think this is why I cannot retrieve the emails. But my email client has SSL settings for POP3 & SMTP and retrieves emails as usual.

Since there are no options for "SSL" in [Tools/Options/Email settings] within Regkeeper, so can I request this as a feature in the next version of Regkeeper? Thanks for your kindly attention.

Best regards,
Fuwa Fung.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,
Yes, we will add this feature to forthcoming version 2.0.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
fuwafunghk

Post by fuwafunghk »

Hi,

Yesterday I tried to let Regkeeper using my Internet Service Provider email box to receive an order email(I copy & paste 'one' from my hosting company's email box originally).

This time it checks this "ordinary"(using normal pop3 port - 110) email box FASTER than my hosting compnay one which uses port 4xx and port 9xx as pop3 and smtp ports(and the hosting must use SSL). Regkeeper obviously used a longer time to retrieve the Tested order emails as my first post of this thread(it seems it may has problem to retrieve).

So, After I made a "fake" copied order email yesterday, and I changed the email server settings of Regkeeper to match with my ISP one, but it did not retrieve that email. Must I need to set the Message Filter settings? ('To', 'From' and 'Subject' fields)

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

Best regards
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,
If you don't specify Filter settings then RegKeeper downloads ALL emails in your mail box and tries to parse them one by one using every Service Provider defined in DB in order to detect orders. So this results to long processing time. Setting the Filter settings will help to reduce the amount of retrieved emails and as result will speed-up processing.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.