End-user Editing of Translations at Runtime

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
plumothy

End-user Editing of Translations at Runtime

Post by plumothy »

I am making good use of siLang in my Delphi project (which is developed in English), with about 12 languages. I distribute translations as a SIB file and load this file when the application launches.

I would like the end user to be able to amend translations (to improve on the Google translations) at runtime. And I would like to be able to have their amendments sent to me so I can include the improved translations in future releases of my application.

I have tried TsiLangRT.EditAll - but it shows all 12 languages. How can I limit it to just English plus the language of the end user?

What is the best way of getting end-user translations back to me?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,
Personally, I don’t like the use of built-in Translations Editor to edit translations at run-time on end-user side. I would recommend to use SIL Editor instead and the method described at http://www.tsilang.com/press/en/creatin ... users.html
In SIL Editor you can define fixed languages and this will prevent occasional change of them. Later, end-user may just send SIB file to you stating which language was modified and you can merge this language into your original SIB after validating using SIL Editor on your side.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.