Connecting to Windows 7

This forum is designated to discuss SiComponents Scheduling Agent.
yeohray

Connecting to Windows 7

Post by yeohray »

What are the steps required to connect to a remote Windows 7 computer using the TargetComputer property? I keep getting the 'Access is denied' message.

I also tried using the Windows Task Scheduler to connect locally but it failed too i.e. on the Windows 7 computer, I chose the 'Action / Connect to Another Computer' item, entered the name of the local workstation, and the connection failed with the message 'You do have permission to access this computer'.

I've done the following:
- disabled the firewall
- enabled Remote Registry services

What else needs to be done?

Thanks in advance.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

It could be that you need to use the same user name and password on both PCs and admin rigths.

Also here are some notes from MSDN:
If you are to connecting to a remote Windows Vista computer from a Windows Vista, you need to allow the Remote Scheduled Tasks Management firewall exception on the remote computer. To allow this exception click Start, Control Panel, Security, Allow a program through Windows Firewall, and then select the Remote Scheduled Tasks Management check box. Then click the Ok button in the Windows Firewall Settings dialog box.

If you are connecting to a remote Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 computer from a Windows Vista computer, you need to allow the File and Printer Sharing firewall exception on the remote computer. To allow this exception click Start, Control Panel, double-click Windows Firewall, select the Exceptions tab, and then select the File and Printer Sharing firewall exception. Then click the OK button in the Windows Firewall dialog box.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
yeohray

Post by yeohray »

Some progress after playing with the domain controller, DHCP and DNS settings.

I can now connect remotely to the Windows 7 computer from a Windows 2008 R2 computer, but only the version 1 task shows up. This is also the case if I use the Windows Task Scheduler.

Any ideas why this is so?

Thanks in advance.